Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am trying to pair a new sharp xl-hf102b with Sony

Customer Question
Mdr-xb950bt wireless headphones. The display...
I am trying to pair a new sharp xl-hf102b with Sony Mdr-xb950bt wireless headphones. The display shows "start pairing" then nothing. Can you please tell me what I need to do? Thanks you, Shanna
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/11/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Shanna.

Unfortunately, this is not going to work.

The issue here is that the bluetooth functionality of the sharp system is there as an INPUT, meant to stream audio from a phone/tablet.

It will NOT function as an OUTPUT, and thus the headphones will not be able to pair or connect with it.

You can accomplish this still, but some additional equipment would be needed.

What you would do is plug a bluetooth transmitter: http://amzn.to/1Sjfdt7 (you'll also need a plug adapter: http://amzn.to/1Sjfr3d ) into the headphone jack on the front of the stereo system. That transmitter can then be paired with your headphones.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating negatively, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Did you need any more help with this, Shanna?