Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an old Panasonic Cordless phone. It's been working…

Customer Question
I have an old Panasonic...
I have an old Panasonic Cordless phone. It's been working great for years. All of a sudden nothing will work. The led display on the answering machine keeps flashing, very faintly, the number 8.8. The handset has a brand new battery and it wont work either. What can I do? Please help, I can't afford to buy a new one if we can fix this. Thanks, Ginny
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Ginny and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging the base unit's AC adaptor and removing the handset's battery for an extended period of time; say a couple of hours or even overnight?
... the idea is to simulate a soft RESET.