Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My watch is not consistently changing time zones as I move…

Customer Question
My watch is not consistently...
My watch is not consistently changing time zones as I move through them. Sometimes it does; sometimes it does not. I am not sure that the GPS is operating properly as "Location" still indicates my home town (Cleveland, Ohio) and I am currently in Honolulu, Hawai'i.
I have been unsuccessful finding a resolution through the Owners Manual.
Thanks,
Rob Ruhlman
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Rob & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your watch.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the watch you are working with?
2) The AGE of the watch?
3) WHEN this issue first began (or was first noticed)?

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I only ask because sometimes it takes TIME (20 or minutes) of the device operating "in the clear" before it can find and lock on the satellites signals and show the correct location (or time zone).

This is especially true IF the device has been moved a LONG DISTANCE since it was last used successfully.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)