Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Cylinders are locked in place on my SentrySafe Model

Customer Question
Cylinders are locked in...

Cylinders are locked in place on my SentrySafe Model MSW3517. Looking for a fix.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The electronic lock is working fine, but the handle on the safe is locked in place with the cylinders partially locked in place as well. Handle will not go up or down to allow the cylinders to move.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Technician should be aware of?

Not to my knowledge, if he's familiar with safes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

try hitting the safe door several times with a rubber mallet, in the area near the lock mechanism.

Let me know if that helps loosen up the cylinders...

Pete.