Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I cracked the crystal on my Garmin s1 golf watch. Can I get

Customer Question
a replacement crystal...
I cracked the crystal on my Garmin s1 golf watch. Can I get a replacement crystal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You should be able to, yes. Would you consider sending it to Garmin for repair?

If so, be sure to get all personal data off it, synced to a computer or similarly. They might reset it and wipe the data off in the course of the repair, possibly.

To help you decide whether to go with Garmin for the repair, see this page:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

which can tell you what the flat-rate price would be for your Approach S-1 watch. (The page tells me that the flat-rate for an Approach S-1 is $79.)

Russell H., Service Tech