Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Norman, 's Locksmith Service, Bermuda. Email:

Customer Question
Norman Ward, Ward's Locksmith Service...
Norman Ward, Ward's Locksmith Service, Bermuda. Email:***@******.***. 1(###) ###-####
I have a Sentry TCB-331 to open.
The battery has died on the keypad, and the customer does not know were the key is.
Member of ALOA 2328, SAVTA 004480.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 2 years ago
Cerecita

Hello, Norman and thank you for your question.

I know, sometimes it's difficult to read the model number, but is it TC8-331, instead of TCB? If so, here is a downloadable copy of the owner's manual, which gives instructions on how to replace the batteries:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/400093.pdf

If the four-bitted key that came with the safe was to be used in conjunction with the electronic combination, was misplaced by the customer, there was also an 'override' (skeleton) key that was attached to the owner's manual, in a plastic bag. If the override and/or other key was lost, then, the customer can order a replacement key from Sentry, directly, by following directions at this site:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Need_A_Key

I'm assuming the customer knows the combination, but if that has been misplaced or forgotten, as well, it can also be retrieved from Sentry:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

If you need to speak with a representative, here is the phone number and hours:

Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm EST

US and Canada Customer Service Center:(###) ###-####/p>

---------------------------

I hope you found this information helpful and if so, please let me know, here and/or click on a positive rating so I am credited for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, please reply back at any time, at no additional charge, even after rating.

I wish you much good luck with this customer's safe!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Information received. All of that I previously knew. What I wanted was some technical information for drilling or other methods of entry.

The customers safe had lost battery power, and they did not know were the key was. And it would take about a week or so before any replacement key would arrive here. Fortunately the customers did find the key so the problem is solved.

If you do have any other methods of entry to this safe, when every thing else has failed let me know. thanks. N.Ward

Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi again, N. Ward and thanks very much for your reply.

I'm very glad the customer found the key (I'm assuming the override key?) so the safe could be opened. I wasn't sure if you knew how to get to the battery case or not, that's why I included that information.

No, I don't know of any other methods of entry to this safe, when all else has failed, but I will research it and if I find any additional information, I will let you know.

I'm very glad everything worked out and thanks so much for your reply, letting me know!

Warmest wishes,

Cher