Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle Fire is about 2 years old and will not re-charge.

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire is about...
My Kindle Fire is about 2 years old and will not re-charge. Brief display shows "battery too low to power on reconnect to charge for 15 min. before switching on again
I have left it connected for several hours and get the same message over and over
Are the batteries in the Kindle replaceable or is it just toast?
Thank you,
Anne
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and charge.

Let me know the results please

Thank you