Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am hooking a second tv to our dish network, not directly…

Customer Question
I am hooking a...

I am hooking a second tv to our dish network, not directly to the receiver, but a second location in another room and cannot get a signal.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I connect the second tv in our kitchen and its say no signal.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/31/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

I take it that this dish box (receiver ) is made (dual output) to have a second tv connected to it through a coax cable ?

Also , could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

Had the TV working until yesterday, so yes it is made for dual output. Model E231i-B1

You had this same tv connected at the same location with the same wiring ?

From your opening post I quote " I am hooking a second tv to our dish network " , this usually means a new setup but now we are talking about troubleshooting a sudden problem so I will opt out as I don`t have time for this now .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

figured it out on my own.