Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

When anyone rings me on my mobile it now only gives them

Customer Question
Voicemail, how can I change...
When anyone rings me on my mobile it now only gives them Voicemail, how can I change that back to a normal situation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/31/2016
Electronics Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and thanks for your question.

Please dial ##002# from your phone.

Tell me what you see on the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't answer as my phone last week suddenly changed over to usigna different language then English. I don't know what language it is and can't write it down as it uses different types of letters that do not feature on my mobile

Do you have any important data in your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not really, other than phone numbers of friends but I can get those back from them.

Let's go for factory reset.

Turn the phone off.
Then try powering ON the phone by pressing and holding down the 'Power', 'Volume Up' and 'Menu' buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.
Then scroll down and select 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'.
Select 'Yes - Delete All User Data'.
Select 'Reboot System Now'.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My usual service provider is Optus but the person I spoke to there could not help me because of the different language

No problem just follow my previous instructions to reset your phone to factory mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not wish to use the 'Call Me' option

Please follow the instructions below:

Turn the phone off.
Select 'Yes - Delete All User Data'.
Select 'Reboot System Now'.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried your suggestion but can't do it again because of the language problem. There is only one word that I can understand and that is 'soldu' which I belief means ''close'. I don't know if that is any use

When you pressed the 'Power', 'Volume Up' and 'Menu' buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Were you able to get to the Recovery screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there an icon on the RECOVERY SCREEN? If not then I can't get there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I made a mistake. the word I mentioned was 'oldu' not 'soldu

I will give you video tutorial.

It will help you to reset your phone. Just follow the video and click where the video clicks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
waiting for the video tutorial

Please click this link to see the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppkMcOGnAtw

Please follow the instructions in the video and tell me how it goes!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The video was interesting but the language problems remain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My main problem now is that I have run out of time for today/

There were two methods to try recovery in that video tutorial.

Did you try the second method?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer