Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

What kind ofconnecting cord would I use to connect my

Customer Question

What kind ofconnecting cord would I use to connect my ENVY5530 printer to my router making a direct comunication?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

This printer cannot connect directly to your router- as it does not have an Ethernet port. It is designed to only be connected via Wi-Fi, or to be connected directly to your PC or Laptop using the USB port on the printer. USB is not directly able to be connected to a Router though- it does need to physically connect to a computer.

For that connection direct to a PC or laptop, you would need a standard USB 2.0 cable which is available at Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, or at the link below:

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

http://www.cablesondemand.com/category/CSUSBAA/product/CS-USBAA00000/URvars/Items/Library/InfoManage/CS-USBAA00000.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAl9sG7UWovomqdDdgmKx0fbIqymru31MnrGGpADavAWxoC2O7w_wcB

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this communicay was supposed to be free?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We are not your printer company- this is Just Answer- which is a pay for support site.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***