Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have an older LG def television that I bought in

Customer Question
I have an older LG...
I have an older LG hi def television that I bought in 2008...whenever I put my flash drive into the USB port, it will only recognize photos and music. How do I get it to play the videos I have on the flash drive?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also , could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
37LG30-UA

Sorry , didn`t expect your reply that fast and had to step out

Be with you in a minute

Thanks for waiting

The reason you cannot play video on this TV's USB port is because the tv is not capable of doing so .

It was designed for photo and music only , you can see that in the manual (link below) on page 64 (66 reader) and on ;

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-product/lg-37LG30#

What you would need is a small usb to hdmi media player , there are quite a few models but here is an example ;

http://www.amazon.com/Androset-1080P-TVBOX-1080p-Multi-Player/dp/B006LEYQK4

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Still need help with this ?

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Thanks for understanding .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician