Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Panasonic cordless home phone with 5 bases. Have

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic cordless home phone with 5 bases. Have periods of time where I can hear but the person I am talking to can't hear me. This happened with same phone previously so we returned it and keeps happening. This is highest rated phone so I am trying to figure out what the issue might be??
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have 4 handsets and happens with all of them. I am typically using the handset associated with the main base and it happens with every phone call. I can hear a change in the sound but not obvious interference and it last 2-6 seconds. And then it is normal but happens ,multiple times in one conversation. No fax or other on same line. It is with Comcast. Yes dsl on same line.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

We would really need to test something else here to isolate the issue further, preferably just a basic corded phone. Is it possible for you to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm. We don't have a phone with a cord unfortunately.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well it sounds like you've tested 2 cordless systems already, so chances are this is a line fault (a comcast problem).

you can try rebooting your modem/gateway by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds

If no change, then we're back to where we started unfortunately.

You could call comcast to come out, but I would strongly suggest you test yourself first, even if you have to go buy a cheap phone at walmart or something to do that. If you call comcast out, and they find no problem on their end, they'll charge you a $100+ service call that would have been better spent on a different phone system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me try to reboot first.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

there are some further steps we can try on the panasonic too, but we're just spinning our wheels here if the line is at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did the reboot and the issue still happened. I will get a corded phone.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** did the corded phone perform?