Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have an Amazon Firestik with the Slingplayer app. My cable

Customer Question
provider is Shaw. Why can't...
I have an Amazon Firestik with the Slingplayer app. My cable provider is Shaw. Why can't I access the guide and how do I change channels using the firestik remote? Thx
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, What HDMI Input on the TV is your Firestick plugged into?

Also, have you used the original TV remote's "Input" or "TV/Video" button to select that input accordingly (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.)?

Once you do that then you will be able to see the Firestick setup MENU and then will use the Firestick remote to access features/setup/change channels.

If you're still stuck, then please make sure you have the USB cord on the Firestick plugged into a power supply of some sort (the TV's USB port or the included power supply) and also let me know the model number off of the back of the TV.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Aric, thank you for your reply. I have been using the Firestik for quite awhile so the issue is not on how to access the apps. My problem is with the Slingplayer app and my Slingbox at home in Canada. When I am using Slingplayer I cannot seem to view my channel guide nor figure out how to change channels on my Slingbox. Thx
Aric, Technician