Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am just connecting the xfinity cable box sent last year…

Customer Question
I am just connecting...

I am just connecting the xfinity cable box sent last year and have the same problem with Logitech 890 not controlling new box, though extender is properly placed. I didn't program it originally, so would need step by step instruction if I am to delete the old cable box and reprogram the new one. Any help appreciated!

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The logitech remote that controlled all my devices no longer works on the new cable box from xfinity. That is about all I know. I have placed the wire from the extender on the front of the new box where it should pick up the signal, but still no results.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

You will need to reprogram the remote to work with the new box.