Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I'm having trouble recharging my kindle book. I even bought…

Customer Question
I'm having trouble recharging my...
I'm having trouble recharging my kindle book. I even bought a new charger. It doesn't make a difference if I plug it into my computer or use the adaptor and plug it into a wall socket. My Kindle is 2-1/2 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.
Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.