Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My kindle paperwhite serial number is B024 1503 2523 OTOW.

Customer Question

My kindle paperwhite serial number is ***** 1503 2523 OTOW. The charger I plug into the wall adapter does not seem to be available. What are the specifications for it. The one I have currently has a much longer end to plug into the kindle. The ones I see in stores are shorter.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Charging can be done, by the way, through a USB cable attached to a USB port on your computer. I just wish to mention that in case the knowledge is useful. (Charging through a computer's USB port and a USB cable, is a bit slower than using a wall adapter, however.)

This charger for Kindle (available throug WalMart's website) :

http://www.walmart.com/ip/48673610?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036869360&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=72844219849&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=162655722529&veh=sem

has a longer end than others such as this perfectly standard one:

http://www.a4c.com/product/amazon-kindle-micro-usb-wall-charger-bulk-packaging.html?gclid=CM354bfevMoCFQsjHwodChcDmQ

or others, much the same.

The first one, with the longer plug, is actually designed not just for the Kindle, but for other devices too - some of which may require the longer plug. So I think that explains the difference, and be assured, the shorter one is standard and is OK.