Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cannot wirelessly connect my Nikon AW130 to my iPhone

Customer Question
I cannot wirelessly connect...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I My iPhone 'sees' the Nikon. The Nikon gets to the point where there is a spinning 'icon' after Password: on the screen of the camera, which keeps spinning until I get a message which says; 'Cannot connect'

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

On the iPhone, can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPhone restart and then try to connect and tell me if it now connects please.

Tried that, does not work

ok, can you remove the battery from the Nikon, wait 5 minutes and then put the battery in and then try to connect

Let me know the results please.

Sure

thanks

Nikon appears on iPhone settings with a green tick beside it.Message on Nikon is 'Negotiating...........Please wait. With a rotating icon of small yellow/green boxes
Just received error message 'Could not connect'

Do you have the wireless mobile utility app from Nikon installed on the Phone?

Are you undertaking the steps exactly as specified here?

http://download.nikonimglib.com/archive1/7HPKt00C8Akv011BUx476FUzP434/D-WMUI__-010402BF-___EN-ALL___.pdf

Please let me know.

That manual only applies to cameras without built in wifi. My camera has built in wifi. The manual you provided tells me to refer to the manual provided with the camera. I have followed the steps outlined in the manual provided with the camera. The manual provided with the camera refers me tohttp://nikonimglib.com/ManDL/WMAU-ios/ which I cannot find

Its the same whether they have built in wireless or not, apart from connecting the adapter.

The link you gave is to the manual I am showing you...

http://nikonimglib.com/ManDL/WMAU-ios