How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 11749
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pair of canon 10x30 IS binoculars that I very much

Customer Question

Customer: I have a pair of canon 10x30 IS binoculars that I very much like. However, the enclosure that holds the 2 AA batteries in place has broken. What's my best avenue to fix this situation? Canon? A local repair shop?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The hinged flap that closes over the battery comparment does not stay hinged. I don't know if a small plastic part has broken, or perhaps a small spring has been lost.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To correct myself: "The hinged flap that closes over the battery compartment does not stay latched/closed."
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Your best bet is going to be to replace it yourself if you don't mind doing it. You can get the part pretty easily - if you send it to canon, it will cost you a pretty penny. If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, you might want to order the part and then bring that to a local repair shop so they don't charge you for trying to find it (or worse, not find it). Here's a link to where you can get one.

Of course, I just saw that it's not in stock there. But that is the part. You could probably just print that out and bring it to a repair shop and they can get it for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.