Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Harper. I am getting a low battery code and have forgotten…

Customer Question
***** ***** Harper....

***** ***** Harper. I am getting a low battery code and have forgotten how to change the batteries. cannot find my paperwork either.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I do not remember how to get into the battery compartment

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Cerecita,
 replied 2 years ago
Cerecita

Hello, and welcome!

Thank you for your question and your patience.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I'm assuming that you have a Sentry safe. If not, please let me know the manufacturer and model number.

Here are the instructions to get into your battery compartment (Sentry)---if you have a rectangular keypad, look at the plastic panel below it, for a small hole near the left side. Push a pen point or end of a paperclip into the hole and keep it depressed while you slide off the plastic panel, to the right. You will see the battery holder inside. Replace the batteries with alkaline only (not rechargeable), then slide the plastic panel back into place, toward the left.

If you have a round combination keypad, turn the outer rim towards the right a little bit, remove, and you will see the battery case inside, then replace the batteries. Screw the outer rim of the keypad back on, by turning to the left, just a little bit, until it's tight, but don't over-tighten.

This should resolve your battery situation and allow you to open your safe. If you have any additional questions, just click 'Reply' and I will be glad to continue.

I hope this helped and if so, please take a moment to click "Rate my Service' with a positive rating, so I am credited for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Cher