Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a yaesu Ft dx 3000 and when I press to talk after a

Customer Question

Customer: I have a yaesu Ft dx 3000 and when I press to talk after a few seconds the radio shuts off and then comes back on My Name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This just started to happen. The radio is about one year old. On all bands when I start to talk in just several seconds the radio shuts off and then restarts on its own
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It appears to be shorting out. Can you plug it into a different Power supply and tell me if it still occurs please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is running off a 12 volt battery voltage is 13.25 volts constant
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

There is no dip in the power when you start to talk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charger is operating
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** tried a different battery as I want to rule out the power as the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will put a volt meter onto the circuit and read it out while transmitting. I will get back with you in a couple of hours. Thanks Dan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like the battery charger is not working properly battery voltage dropped to 10.5 volt. I installed a new charger and the unit works just fine now.
Thanks for the help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, suspected the power as the issue.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you