Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a yaesu Ft dx 3000 and when I press to talk after a…

Customer Question
I have a yaesu...

I have a yaesu Ft dx 3000 and when I press to talk after a few seconds the radio shuts off and then comes back on My Name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

This just started to happen. The radio is about one year old. On all bands when I start to talk in just several seconds the radio shuts off and then restarts on its own

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

It appears to be shorting out. Can you plug it into a different Power supply and tell me if it still occurs please.

It is running off a 12 volt battery voltage is 13.25 volts constant

There is no dip in the power when you start to talk?

Charger is operating

Thanks, ***** ***** tried a different battery as I want to rule out the power as the issue.

I will put a volt meter onto the circuit and read it out while transmitting. I will get back with you in a couple of hours. Thanks Dan

Thanks Dan

Looks like the battery charger is not working properly battery voltage dropped to 10.5 volt. I installed a new charger and the unit works just fine now.
Thanks for the help

Perfect, suspected the power as the issue.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you