Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Have VHS cassette stuck inside tv/VCR combo. Already tried

Customer Question
Have VHS cassette stuck inside...
Have VHS cassette stuck inside tv/VCR combo.
Already tried turning it Upside down and pressing eject. Also unplugging and plugging back in. Apressing up on cassette while hold g eject button. Nothing works. Makes whirring noise then turns off in 30 seconds. Does not play rewind ff or eject
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the unit please?

Thank you

Philips magnavox CCA132AT02
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

ok, this one is a hassle as your going to need to open up the player by removing the screws fastening the cover (make sure it is unplugged from power first first).

Then you remove the Top plate and you will be able to take the Tape out. Be careful to take the tape out from around the heads if it is wrapped around this.

Let me know how you go with this.

that is your solution? I can take the cover off

yes, that is the solution, you have to take the cover off in order to get to the Tape.

Don't see where screws are holding cover...
Just found them

ok, please proceed very carefully as if you do not note carefully what your doing you will have issues putting it back together. Make sure you feel confident doing this else you may be best to take it into a store to do.

I can do it. Have taken apart VCR s before - just not a combo

ok no problem, I never know who I am dealing with so just a fore warning.

is our case closed? This is what I paid $24 for?

Its not closed... as I mentioned, I want you to let me know how you go with this.

You are paying the amount for my service, its a paid service.

Well it is 1am so I will take it apart tomorrow.

ok, I will mark this question to never close, so any issues just let me know.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Well I took the cover off. Now what is next step?

remove the cover to the VHA so you can access the VHS tape and remove it.

look for the screws holding it down

Richard, Customer Service