Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I escape voice mode?

Customer Question
How can I escape voice mode?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?
2) The AGE of the device?
3) WHEN this issue first began?

Thanks

Kindle Fire HD
2 yrs, approximately
2 weeks ago.
7 inch dual-core 1.5 GHZ

Hi again and thanks for that information.

I'm not very familiar with that particular device, so will open your question for other experts to help you. You do not need to respond, as your question will be put back on the list automatically and you will see a notification when another expert responds.

Take Care, Greg A.

OK
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

The first thing I would suggest doing is a restart of the device.

Try a soft reboot using the menu option to do that. Go to Menu --> Settings --> Menu --> Restart.

If that doesn't help, you may have to do a reset. To do a reset, hold the power button for a full 20 seconds until it does the second reset. Once it does, it will go through the setup again and ask you to enter your information. Once set up, it should be back to normal. Make sure you use the same Amazon account so you can sync your purchases.

Suggestions were not helpful. Don't wish to continue.

So you didn't do the reset? Had you done the reset, the problem would have been resolved. I'm sorry you did not wish to do it.