Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM will not play. Push open

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM will not play. Push open button..insert CD and close door and nothing happens. Under settings it says deive is installed correctely and device is: OpticaarcDVD+-RW AD-5170S ATA Device
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats all I have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, go aheadd
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Test the DVD on a different computer to check if it reads it ok.

If it reads ok on a different computer then the Opticaarc DVD drive is unable to read it for some reason and it may have a fault.