Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

My Kindle displays the following text: YOUR BATTERY IS

Customer Question

My Kindle displays the following text: YOUR BATTERY IS EMPTY. TO CONTUE USING YOUR KINDLE, CONNECT IT TO A POWER SOURCE. IT HAS BEEN IN THIS CONDITION FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS NOW.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO REPAIR IT; IS REPAIR FEASIBLE?
SIGNED: JAMES CUPELLO
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.