Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Safe error light blinks
, replaced the batties, enter

Customer Question

Customer: safe error light blinks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced the batties, enter the factory code, safe will not unlock
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When the electronic lock of a safe blinks an error light, that signifies something overtly wrong that affects the electronics of the lock.

So:

- check that the batteries are all in correctly.

- check that the battery terminals in the battery compartment are neither dirty nor corroded. A wiping with a clean rag cloth moistened with rubbing alcohol will do, to clean them, unless they are unusually corroded from leaky batteries.

- Make sure all parts move freely and are not jammed.

- And let me know if you observe anything whatever unusual about the battery compartment particularly.

Let me know what the safe's maker and model # (not serial #) are, too. That may help me advise you as to what is wrong and what to do.