Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Nikon total station DTM-352. I am getting a error

Customer Question
message "EDM Hard Error -...
I have a Nikon total station DTM-352. I am getting a error message "EDM Hard Error - STS = 80000010. What does this mean and how do I correct this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a severe hardware error involving your EDM. I advise you to shut it Off, disassemble it as if for storage or packing it up and moving it, then reassemble it carefully and set it up for usage again. Then wait 2+ hours. Then turn it On again. (Or if inconvenient to wait 2 hours with it assembled, let the 2 hours pass before reassembling it carefully and setting it up for usage again.)

After that, you will need to take it to a Nikon repair facility for servicing.

Where are you located? by zip code or by town/city and state/region ?

How old is the Total Station in question? measured from date of original purchase?

Russell H., Service Tech