Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Sharp Weather Station SPC502. Can't find the

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****, I have...
Customer: ***** *****, I have a Sharp Weather Station SPC502. Can't find the manual. Trying to get the sensor and monitor display linked up to start reading outdoor temps.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I changed the batteries in both units and now cannot get the outdoor temp display to read on the indoor monitor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'll wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/31/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would a link to an online version of the manual serve your need please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would be good. I can't find the one that came with the unit. Will I be able to print it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I got a response from another tech and it looked like I had to start over. Don't want to be charged twice.

Hi again David and yes, it would appear that a second question under a different customer name was opened. Please see HERE. I took the liberty of marking that question as a duplicate.

And it would also seem that the online manual is incomplete as you have to contact the person who posted just the 2 pages of the manual. Click HERE and request for a scan copy.

Alternatively, can you please check if the instructions HERE may shed additional insight?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The weather station information you gave me instructions for is not what I have. I have a Sharp model SPC502 I have replaced the batteries in the remote unit and the monitor. I have set them both to CH 1. I have pressed the reset in both units and the monitor is not receiving the transmitter information yet. They are sitting side by side. Any other ideas?

Unfortunately none.

Hopefully another member could provide an alternate approach to your concern.

The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.

Still, good luck with the Sharp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cancel this help request. This website is giving me the run around each time asking for my credit card information. Please cancel all contacts and credit charges. Thank you for trying but I don't want any more service attempts from youall.
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.