Hi and welcome to Just answer.
Initially, the only option you need is to hard reset your palm tungsten e2. However, this procedure can wiped out all your data and your palm go back to the original factory settings like new.
If you are willing to do this and wiped your data just follow this procedure.
Regarding the hard reset on the device. You will lose any data that you imput into the device,. So calendar, contacts , notes etc. That being said, if you have been backing this up with the Palm desktop, then after you do the reset you will be able to sync the device again adn do a restore from the dekstop software which will bring back whatever information you last did a sync with to the computer. I am very sorry I do not have better news!
Here are the directions for the hard reset.
- Press and hold the Power (on/off) button on the front panel of your device.
- While holding Power, use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus. Gently press and release the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device).
- If you see a progress bar (see below), keep holding the Power button.
- Next, the Palm Powered screen will appear. Release the Power button when you see it.
- You'll see a screen that asks: Erase all data? YES = "up" button NO = any other button. Press UP on your 5-way navigator to complete the hard reset.
Hope this information will be helpful.
IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...