Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Bose wave radio awrc1-1g looking value on resistor next to Q

Customer Question

bose wave radio awrc1-1g looking for resistor value on resistor next to Q 501 smoked when i installed new optical pick-up
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Just thought I`d let you know ;

Bose doesn`t not supply any info whatsoever about their system so that means no schematics and no help from them .

Then a resistor that smokes indicates a problem further down the line not a defective resistor so beside having to replace it you would have to find out what caused it to smoke.

Merry Christmas , I will now opt out and repost your question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced the opitic pick-up, did not remove jumper , ( on the new one , no instructions with it )smoked resistor , cd player worked but not all the time, did not start all the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if someone could see the number stamped on resistor i can look on the mother board for the same one and then get a ohm meter on it to find value
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok got too go !!!!!! thank for your time. brad
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Its not that static protect jumper /solder blob that smoked your resistor Brad , at worse your unit would not read discs when you forget it , I should know I did it numerous times in the past !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Merry Christmas , brad
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please determine if:

• • Q501 is a 2SA1179 or a 2SA1341; and
  • • the resistor is R511, R516, R517 or R519.