Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a Sentry Dual lock A3750 safe. I have the combination

Customer Question

Customer: Doug , I have a Sentry Dual lock A3750 safe. I have the combination and the open lights up but won't open. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have even tried putting pressure from prying when the lock clicks open but no good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Doug and thanks for requesting me to help with your safes question.

I'm sorry you're having a problem.

First, I would recommend that you change your batteries, because even though they have enough power to light up the display, they may not have enough to open the door. Use only alkaline and never rechargeable batteries.

If your safe also requires a lock to open, in conjunction with the combination, and it's a round, hollow key which pops out the cylinder inside, turn that to release the cylinder, the REMOVE the key from the lock and enter your combination. If the key remains in the lock, the safe will not open.

If these ideas don't work, you can also do the following: take a rubber mallet or a hammer with a towels wrapped around the head, to not damage the safe, and hit it several times above and below the keypad, carefully, hit it all around the edges of the door and on the top of the safe. Put pressure on the upper left corner of the door, leaning into it, like you were closing it, as the rubberized protective gasket can sometimes become swollen and 'stick', not allowing the door to open.

It's possible that some contents inside fell against the door and is preventing the solenoid (opening mechanism) from turning, so tip the safe to the right side (where the hinges on the door, are) and to the back, to see if you can move those items, should this be the case.

You may have a defective solenoid and that's why your safe won't open. In this case, you can contact Sentry Customer Service at ***-***-**** between 8am and 6pm Eastern time, and if you have a defective part and they can verify it, they will replace the part or the entire safe at no cost to you. Whether the safe is still within warranty or not, Sentry stands behind their products, and I've had many clients who have received new safes at no cost, under these circumstances.

Try all of my suggestions, and if you need more help, please reply back and let me know.

I wish you much good luck and hope this helps to get your safe open. Please let me know the outcome.

Happy Holidays!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Warmest wishes,

Cher