John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a 60" Nu Vision (one of the very last in silver) and

Customer Question

I have a 60" Nu Vision (one of the very last in silver) and it has just developed a problem where, upon initial turn-on, the set begins to tile (each tile about 2" X 2") and continues for 2 to five minutes and then goes away. Do you know what this may be?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

If you cycle through the inputs while the set is tiling, is it present on each input?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is part of a larger system (Crestron based) that was installed about five years ago. I will have to go to the site and test to give you an answer to your question. I may be able to do this tomorrow. The client would not be willing to begin trouble shooting methods, he would prefer I do it all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe these sets were based primarily on Fujitsu sets. Do you think it can be repaired? ...or is my question premature?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Possibly, I need to find a schematic for it but I would suggest that the 'Main' board is bad. Some sets also have a logic board so I need to determine that since that could cause similar symptoms.

I'm here most days. It may take me a while to answer if I am away from my laptop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What, typically, is the availability for parts on these sets?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Probably not the best if it is based on a Fujitsu. I'm trying to get a manual for it now.

What you can do when you get out to the site is pull the back off and photograph it for me. Then get the number of the Main board and any logic board that is present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/NVU65FX5.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/841041/Nuvision-52ledlp.html
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It appears that some components may have been made by Runco which is a high end projector brand. I'm not finding a service manual on it. When I get into work tomorrow I'll jump onto my network and see if we have one. I somehow doubt it. Never seen one in the shop.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

As I thought, I have nothing on this set. Please post a photo of the back of the TV when you can. Thanks.