Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My grandfather has a streamer 888wa and the unit was working

Customer Question

My grandfather has a streamer 888wa and the unit was working fine while 3ating breakfast, then as he turned on to move all the lights began blinking repeatedly and won't respond.... tried placing on charge again, no luck, unplugged and plugged all cables back in..
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do you estimate an answer may take
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cheney,

This indicates a battery problem.

If you are sure that all cables are securely connected and the battery has been charged for several hours, but you still get the blinking lights, then it is likely that the battery has failed and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay, I changed batteries after doing so I noticed that the cable from the joystick had been pinched, my grandfather has two of these chairs that are identical, so I plugged the joystick on the 2nd chair into the unit with new batteries and it functioned properly. Knowing this I repaired the pinched wiring in the cable of the other, but the joystick pad still comes on and blinks steadily (all lights on the pad) and won't operate the chair. Is there a combination or sequence of buttons that could possibly reset the joystick, or is it your opinion the joystick is unrepairable?