Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I no longer use american express to pay on my kindle.

Customer Question
I no longer use american...
I no longer use american express to pay for books on my kindle. However, the kindle will not allow me to change the information to master card 5256506710964525 expires 07/18
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This doesn't work well from the kindle itself, it is best done on amazon.com on your computer.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Nathan, Engineer