Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I purchased Brinks Safe Model 5072 and 't know passcode as I

Customer Question
I purchased Brinks Safe Model...
I purchased Brinks Safe Model 5072 and don't know passcode as I bought for my dad on amazon and he passed away 5 years ago. How can I open safe ? He had nothing in it, but I would like to use for my personal possessions. Please advise. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/3/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The only way to open it is with override key or the factory override code, if your user code is not known.

If you cannot find it, you can order a replacement from Brinks, or really from First Alert/Honeywell (the parent company)

In order to claim the replacement, you will need to write them a letter including the key, model, and serial number for your safe, as well as contact information and your address. You will need to get this letter notarized by a registered notary public. Once you do, send the letter with a signed check or money order for the amount listed and they'll mail back a key.

You can get the form HERE

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Engineer