John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Continuation of question about depth sounder with

Customer Question

Continuation of question about depth sounder with chartplotter. I have a trawler with two stations, a flybridge + a downstairs pilothouse. I want depth displays for both, plus a chartplotter downstairs. This is why I think I need the plotter as opposed
to a standalone fishfinder - the two networked displays. I'm thinking an e7 (or e7D) B60 transducer and an i40 repeater upstairs.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I agree with you, the best way is to use a plotter, because you can add a display in the remote area that actually reads from the main system. Hope that helps, let me know if I can offer further assistance with this.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm, I don't need sonar if all I want is a depth display on the plotter?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes you do need atleast one sonar transducer for reading the depth;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

That is how the display will "see" the bottom, is all.