How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Customer Service
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 36835
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rusty. I am trying to figure out how to build a karaoke

Customer Question

Customer: hi Rusty. I am trying to figure out how to build a karaoke system with the karaoke channel on my lg smart tv and lg sound bar. Does this cost anything?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ummm. Well, as I said.... I have the karaoke channel on my lg smart tv and I need to hook up dual wireless mics
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: will i get a live expert? one on one?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

So to confirm, you want to know how to setup two wireless microphones to connect to your TV so you can use these with Karaoke, is this correct?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a smart LG TV and an LG sound bar (I can get the model numbers if needed) and I have subscribed to the karaoke channel. So...... I need to connect at least two wireless mics and integrate the voices with the music. Do I have to have a mixer? an amp? I would like some individual mic controls such as volume and echo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What are the makes and model of the wireless mics you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have any karaoke equipment. Just the karaoke channel on the smart TV with a sound bar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to know everything i need to make this a karaoke system
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then you need a system for the 2 microphones to connect to your TV.

You can use this such system

Then the unit plugs into the Audio input of your TV and mixes with the sound output so you would get both the microphones output and the sound already coming from the TV (the Karaoke channel).

These are high quality microphones so I am not sure what your budget is for the microphones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow WAY too expensive and no echo controls or tone controls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
low budget here
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, whats the budget you wish for and you wish to also have a mixer then to do echo and tone controls as then its going to add to the cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, so far I already know what you have told me. I found mixers for under $150 but I need to know how and IF they will integrate into my soundbar and tv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, as they connect to the input of your TV, then your output of TV is already going to the soundbar, so the sound from your TV (which would then include the mixer) comes out of the TV and soundbar).

Your just adding input sound the the TV's audio.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the cables/connections are one standard and will fit any tv?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Nearly all mixers use RCA outputs (composite) the plug with the pin in the middle) so ensure the one you are looking at has this output, and it will then plug into the audio input on the TV.

These are the plugs

Its an industry standard for Audio.

Newer mixers can come with a HDMI port for output and you would use the HDMI port on the TV, but this is going to be the high end ones and you need to avoid these as you cannot mix it with the Karaoke channel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would need one set of rca cables to go into the input on my TV and there are already cables from the TV to the sound bar. Is this correct? .....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tv is mounted and has to be dismounted to get to the back of it..........this is why I need to know for sure. Is there any chance that the TV input slot is already being used by another devise such as a DVD player or a Wii? What would I do in that scenario?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes, as the TV is already relaying the sound from it to the soundbar so you do not need to worry about the soundbar as thats connected.

If its already in use and you have no other free ports, then you use a splitter such as this to connect both to the one port.

Just ensure the two devices are not on at the same time else you would get both sound coming through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what "other free ports?" is there more than one port labeled input? or what would they be labeled?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

They will be labelled as Audio input ports, you see them on the back of the TV, a lot of TV's give multiple ports for multiple devices, when it is not in use it is referred to as a Free port, so you can use it, if they are all used, you use the splitter cable I gave the link for just before to allow two devices to connect to one port.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Was there any additional information you would like on this? Please let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
woould this be a good product to use with that hookup?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can see it splits the audio out from one composite to two composite plugs for the two audio inputs on the Tv, or even via bluetooth directly to the soundbar if your soundbar supports bluetooth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I THINK I got it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, but of course if you need any additional information at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit.

Thank you