Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just purchased a Yamaha digital piano p-45. The sound

Customer Question

I just purchased a Yamaha digital piano p-45. The sound worked until I screwed it onto the stand and plugged in the headphones. Now weather I have the headphones connected or not I can't hear the speaker (sound does come through the headphones when they are connected)
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, plug in a pair of headphones repeatedly. This is both a test and try of a fix. Do the plug in/un-plug a couple of times. There is a hidden speaker cutoff switch inside the headphone jack. Additionally, consider using compressed air or better yet, plastic safe / non-staining DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent to clean the insides of the headphone jack but allow sufficient drying time.

All others would be requiring internal works particularly on the headphone jack terminals.