Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My name is ***** ***** my question is I have a 4.2.2 and

Customer Question
Customer: my name is *****...
Customer: my name is ***** ***** my question is I have a SAM 4.2.2 and windows 10 and it says can not connect or query the database
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is all the sam is telling me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Being unable to connect or query, for a piece of software-program like SAM 4.2.2, means that either the internet connection is down, or the communication of the software is blocked, or perhaps that a local database has become corrupted.

1. check your internet connection - open a web page or three to see if function is still there.

2. consider when your SAM 4.2.2 software last worked properly. Have there been any network changes since then? if so, one of them may have blocked the software from communicating.

3. consider whether you could back up your data to another device altogether, then uninstall SAM 4.2.2 and restart your computer, then perhaps reinstall SAM 4.2.2 afresh.

Russell H., Service Tech