Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am trying to make Amazon Prime videos work with my Wii.

Customer Question
the wii will work fine...
I am trying to make Amazon Prime videos work with my Wii. the wii will work fine with games. It used to work with Prime now i can't get it to work. I tried to reset it up with internet but no luck.I put in my network password ***** it said verified. Any suggestions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/26/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

To clarify Sally, what exactly happens when you try to use Amazon Prime on the Wii? What goes wrong?

Please let me know.

When I hit Amazon it just pins , in time it says "not working now' videos work on my PC.
When I tried to enter my registration code on AmaOn for my Wii & tv I could not get it to to con tinue to next step. I had Prime video working last year.

Thanks

On the Wii hold down the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then turn it on and tell me if you can then access the App

Let met know the results please.

It is still doing the same thing. I did it with the Wii on and off.
Error code 99 when done

how do you mean you did it with the Wii off? Your doing this as an app within the Wii right?

I turnsd the concol on and off for 60 seconds.

ok, force captioning on the TV can cause this.

Can you turn this off on your TV (tell me the make and model of your TV if your not sure how)

Then try the app

Let me know the results please.

Extectrograph
Atsc/Ntsc
My book has both on it as I can only find seriel on tv not model

Thats the make and model of the TV?

Extectrograph

ok, I get nothing about this tv at all on any searches, its as though the make does not exist...

Can you go through all settings on the TV and look for Close Captions or Subtitling.

Tell me when you locate it please

I am trying to find it in the book as I don't know how to do that.

ok, you should have a menu or settings button on the remote so you could use that to go through all the options.

i found 'caption' It says not available and will not highlight. It is like I have to get some place else first.

ok, is is specified anywhere else?

Or you see a reset for the TV as this would also do

I got to the caption tirned off and turned unit off , started from beginning , still spinning.

what error code do you now get? Still error 99?

Yea 99

ok, you will need to reset the Wii.

This will remove all content and return it to new, but we need to do this.

Go to the third page of settings of your Wii and then select 'Format Wii System Memory'. Then press 'Format' and it will then run!

Then setup the Wii again like you did when you first received it and add the Amazon app and tell me if it now runs correctly please.

What is 2 rd page of Wii, does it come up after I reaet the reaet button?

sorry I do not understand your last message.

does it come up after I reaet the reaet button?

What id reart?

Reset button

ok, I do not want you to press the reset button..

Ill repeat what you need to do

Go to the third page of settings of your Wii and then select 'Format Wii System Memory'. Then press 'Format' and it will then run.

I am now having interener trouble. I will try this later as I have to get moving . Will let you know if it works later.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you and you too a happy Thanksgiving.