Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

My Kindle has problems with the on/off switch. When you

Customer Question

Good day
My Kindle has problems with the on/off switch. When you insert the switch the orange light comes on and goes off again. It does not seem to go deeper in. What can I do ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The light should stay on, if you wiggle the end of the cable connected to the Kindle does the light come back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After wriggling the light stays on, a diagram of the Kindle has come on the screen with the picture of a USB computer plug arrow and electricity symbol
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

OK good that means either the connection is loose of the cable is starting to die. If you have another charging cable try that, some phones use the same kind. If the same thing happens move the cable at an angle to get the light to stay on, when the light stays on it is charging. If this is the only way it will charge unfortunately to fix it the usb port on the Kindle needs to be replaced. Any local electronics shop that does solder work will be able to do this. However not all do solder work so you will need to call around. No bigger shops like best buy do solder work so you would want to call smaller ones. For now though you should be able to force it to charge by having the cable held in by something at an angle to keep the light on. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS PROBLEM SOLVED. I,M NOT INTERESTED IN THE TRIAL PERIOD. IF & WHEN I NEED AN EXPERT AGAIN I WILL CALL YOU. THANKSA.VERHAGEN
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will send in a report to make sure this is a one time only fee for you. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.