Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I HAVE A DPM 8000 AND UNTIL TODAY I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO

Customer Question

I HAVE A PHILLIPS DPM 8000 AND UNTIL TODAY I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO ATTACH A USB CABLE AND HAVE MY COMPUTER TREAT IT HAS AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND THEN EMAIL MY DICTATION PACKAGES --- AS OF TODAY PLUGGED IT IN AND HAVE TRIED THE 3 COMPUTERS IN MY HOME RUNNING BOTH WINDOWS 8 AND 10 AND AT LEAST 6 USB PORST WHICH WORKS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE. ALL I GET IS USB???? IN THE SCREEN WHAT GIVES
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You may have to reinstall the driver. The first thing that I would do is unplug it from the computer, then go to the device manager by right clicking on your computer icon and selecting manage once you are in that screen, select device manager from left-hand pane and then locate the recorder. If it does not appear on the right-hand side comment and then plug it in and see what appears in its place. It should cause something to show up in that right-hand side of the device manager. Right click on that and remove it will ask you to confirm that and that it will remove the current drivers. Then I would reboot the system and try plugging it back in. If you have the speech exec software installed, I would also suggest installing that again just to make sure that the files are all intact.

If you're in a pinch, you should be able to just remove the SD card from the recorder and if you have an SD card reader on your computer often in there and get the same effect until you get the recorder working properly.

Also, if you have been using the same USB cable, don't discount that as a possible problem. It is very possible that a particular USB cable can cause problems on a given device. It happens far more frequently than it should even if you've been using that cable before. Try at least a couple of different cables. In fact, if you have the cable that came with it that's the best cable to use. Different USB cables do actually have different capabilities and some have wiring that is specific to a manufacturer. As counter and intuitive as that is, it is sometimes case.

Let me know if you are still having problems with it.

Hello. I'm just checking in with you to see if I've answered your question or if you need additional information. Please let me know. Also I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons. Thank you.