AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Experience:  FCC License w/Radar Endorsement, 5 yrs of experience teaching aviation electronics, 20yrs total exp
24991566

I have a Paperwhite that is 2-3 years old. I am a writer and

Customer Question

I have a Paperwhite that is 2-3 years old. I am a writer and I have all sorts of stuff on it including about 200 books downloaded from Amazon.
A few days ago my e-reader died. Can't describe it any other way. It's backlighting is fine, it is fully charged as far as I know. The on-off button seems a little sticky but it never was a very definite sort of thing.
Where do I go from here? Buy another and work out a system where I can transfer the stuff off this Kindle on to a new one?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 1 year ago.

It very well may just need resetting. To do that, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Let me know if it still doesn't respond.