Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My power adapter went bad I replaced it and now the power

Customer Question
light on the DVR blinks...
my power adapter went bad I replaced it and now the power light on the DVR blinks and beeps on the screen reads no signal input check video cable every thing seem to be hooker up right
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2015
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Did you get an exact replacement or a similar adapter?

If the replacement adapter is not the correct polarity and voltage, it will permanently damage the DVR.

I purchased a similar charger.

Can you provide a link to the charger so I can check if it is suitable?

If it is not compatible, then it is likely that you have caused some permanent damage to the DVR.

what do you mean a link?

A link to a website that shows the charger you obtained;

or let me know the model number if you got it in a local store.

I purchased an INSIGNIA 90W adapter
model NS-PWLC591

Thanks, ***** ***** check the specification now...

Purchased at Best Buy

Ok, the adapter you purchased is rated 19 Volts, however the DVR only uses 12 Volts, so it is likely that the overvoltage has caused some damage.

any idea where I can get my dvr serviced in the Philadelphia area?

The DVR will need to be taken to an electronics repair center to check if it is repairable.

anyone you can suggest?

Some BestBuy stores carry out repairs.

Or let me know your ZIP code and I can check if there is anywhere else nearby...

ok .. thanks

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If you could leave a high rating for my service, that would be highly appreciated :)

Pete, Electronic Engineer