How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rusty Your Own Question
Rusty, Customer Service
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 5897
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Rusty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have one of the original readers and have lost the charger

Customer Question

I have one of the original readers and have lost the charger cord. Can I still buy one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The first generation Kindle (D00611) uses a standard Micro USB charger. Yes, they are available, click here. This one comes with a USB charger, so you can use it with other devices as well. If you have a charger that fits (perhaps in a box of extra cords), it's the right one. They only make one type of charger for that connector.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have none so I would like to purchase one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I get one?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

You can get one online at this link, click here (sorry, forgot to include the link), or you can get one at any electronics store, or even some gas stations carry them. It's called a MICRO USB charger.