Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My system kelps displaying protecet

Customer Question
My system kelps displaying protecet
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/25/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expeort Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The described symptom and displayed message almost always point to an internal hardware issue particularly if "...disconnected speakers , disconnecting from mains..." have been tried.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

No acces to any of the above

I understand.

Still, I did a preliminary review of the repair/Service Manual and it confirms the likelihood of an internal hardware issue.

Options then are:

• • consider a very involving DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, electro-mechanical parts, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
  • • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or an independent repair shop / qualified professional;
  • • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Will have to resort to a repair agent. Will this be a one off payment. As i do not want to subscribefor a week or a month

Yes to my understanding (not unless you specifically selected to subscribe).

Thank you for your time

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Louie, Technician