Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Purchased Shure Microflex MX392 w/ attached XLR. When we…

Customer Question
Purchased Shure Microflex MX392 w/...
Purchased Shure Microflex MX392 w/ attached XLR. When we plugged it in to our XLR port, the green light did not come on. It did not work. Any ideas of what to check or test? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/23/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the "...XLR port..." also able to provide phantom power?

I'm not sure. How would I check that? We have regular microphones plugged into that XLR port working fine.

What is the model number of the device/equipment that has the "...XLR port..." please?

Does it have any markings/label that say "PHANTOM POWER" or "+48V" or "PP" or a term to such effect?