Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I bought my Toshiba Satellite Pro L50-A on 10/10/13 and it

Customer Question
I bought my Toshiba Satellite...
I bought my Toshiba Satellite Pro L50-A on 10/10/13 and it doesn' seem to want to charge the battery. I am in Claremont WA 6010. Can you tell me if I need a new battery and if so where can I purchase one?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech replied 2 years ago
Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. This usually always means the battery is bad, unless the battery's connector is loose. That is normal; any battery loses charge overtime, and will eventually die. Can I provide you the instructions how to disassemble the laptop and check? And can I provide you the website link where you can purchase a new battery online?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide some possible solutions for you.

- Please click on the website below for video instructions how to disassemble your laptop, then you can check the connection of the battery, i.e., disconnect it the battery, then re-connect it securely, and check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG0lW7t92bI

- If that does not work, the battery needs to be replaced. The batteries for this laptop model is sold online. You can buy a new battery for your laptop at the eBay website below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-PA5107U-1BRS-Battery-for-Toshiba-Satellite-S50D-A-L50-A-P50-Laptop-/181839203950

; more choices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtoshiba+L50-A+battery.TRS0&_nkw=toshiba+L50-A+battery&_sacat=0

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech