A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612

I see a "proceed" light but cannot wake up the safe to enter

Customer Question

I see a green "proceed" light but cannot wake up the safe to enter a code. Batts are new, key position is unlock (horizontal) and key not inserted
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

What is the make and model number of the safe please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SentrySafe SFW205UPC
Serial A35247763
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Can you please check again? Is the model number SFW205GPC?

If so, check that you are following the correct unlock procedure - see page 6 and 7 of the user manual:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/518792.pdf

Let me know if successful...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an Owner manual with no page #s but by counting pages, page 6 and 7 are in Spanish...not my native tongue.Yes the model # ***** ***** not GPC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Please use the following link to access the English version of the user manual and refer to pages 6 and 7:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My SentrySafe looks nothing like the pictures of the front door and spin lock of the user manual on you link.. The SFW205UPC model has an invisible keypad an usually only shows itself when the pad is tapped with a finger.
Please link me to a UPC model safe
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

"SFW205UPC" does not exist on the US website - was it imported?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I cannot answer the question "is it imported. Sometimes people in the lower 48 do not consider Hawaii a part of the USA but a foreign country instead. It was Made in USA to the best of my knowledge and I purchased it at Office Depot, Hilo, HI
You are the expert in these matters, I am just a professional aircraft pilot. Maybe you can help me and contact the listed manufacturer in NY but they are closed now.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I cannot get any information on the SFW205UPC model so I will open this question up to the other experts.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Thanks PeteSteve
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Steve,

I've checked the Sentry site and they don't have a model SFW205UPC. There are 8 models in the SFW205 line with the suffixes CWB, CXB, DPB, EVB, FYC, GPC, GQC, and GRC. You can check them out here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Find_Your_Safe

They can also help you with any questions you might have about opening your safe. I am sorry there is no information available about a model SFW205UPC. (P.S. I also checked their European and Japanese sites).

Best regards,

Schuyler

~