Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Harmony remote - R0007s stuck on syncing.

Customer Question
my Harmony remote - R0007s stuck on syncing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/2/2015
Electronics Technician: John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years. replied 2 years ago
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Your remote is capable of a factory reset which will clear all settings from your remote and may help to resolve sync errors. All account information from myharmony.com will be retained in the cloud and will not be lost.

In order to reset it please follow the steps below:

Press and hold the Menu button (located above the Channel Up button) and the Off button together for 20 seconds. The remote screen will turn off, then turn on again displaying the image of a remote and a circular arrow. After a few seconds your remote will be restored to factory defaults and you may sync again.

If you have a Harmony Ultimate, then also follow the steps below for factory resetting the Harmony Hub.

If you wish to restore your information, sign into your account on myharmony.com, connect your remote using the supplied USB cable and press Sync. See this article for additional information: Syncing changes to or from your Harmony.

How to factory reset Harmony Hub:

Disconnect the hub from the power adapter, and hold the Pair/Reset button on the back of the Hub while you connect the power adapter again. The light on the front of the hub will flicker red for approximately 30 seconds as the hub restores itself to factory defaults.

If you have a Harmony Smart Control remote, it does not contain any account information and therefore does not have to be factory reset.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====