Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a new Mac computer with a Dymo 450 and my last

Customer Question

Hi, I have a new Mac computer with a Dymo 450 and my last shipment to amazon they were unable to read my barcodes which seem too thick and not any separation between the bigger bars. I tried cleaning the roller pad with cleaning card, which did not work. I bought a new Dymo and downloaded new Dymo updates/drivers and had same results. I need help, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Using Scanpower as my listing service. Thank you Don
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don,

What size and ratio are the barcodes?

You must leave sufficient blank space on either side of the barcode to create a quiet zone. You must also select a good ratio/element size if the default values are not being used, and you must allow adequate room for the barcode to be printed on the label. If you ignore these requirements, the barcode that is printed may be unreadable.

If you need further assistance, please attach some images of the printed barcodes so I may see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are examples of the bad barcodes. No gap between thicker area in barcode.Don
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don,

Do you have a barcode scanner to test if these are readable yourself?

Are you printing these from the Amazon website, or are they printed using different software?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can scan and they don't read, I'm using scan power as my listing service and I create barcodes for Amazon threw them. I contacted them and they said no one else has run into this problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you could try adjusting the Dots Per Inch to a lower setting in your print setup to allow you to print thinner, more easily scannable barcodes.

Another thing - what type of labels are you using? Are they listed as compatible with this thermal printer?